We are looking for two part time receptionists to join The Vanilla Room front of house team. Our independent salon opened in 1995, and sits at the heart of Hornchurch High Street. Fast paced, positive and dedicated to delivering a high quality customer experience…it’s a wonderful place to work! But don’t just take our work for it. Hear what Mary, one of our receptionist team, has to say –
“The Vanilla Room receptionist role gave me the ideal opportunity to return to work, while juggling the needs of my family and teenage children. Since leaving school I’d worked in London in customer service roles. Then I took a career break. Once my children were a little older I wanted to find a local job in Hornchurch. This role is perfect. It’s part time, customer focused, and as the role includes some late evenings and weekends (but not all), I have lots of flexibility and require minimal childcare.”
The role of receptionist includes:
- Communicating positively to make our clients visit enjoyable and giving great customer service
- Working as a flexible team member with all departments and levels to achieve the best outcomes for the clients
- Greeting clients and business guests, making refreshments, washing up, sweeping up, dusting display shelves and making sure the salon is clean, tidy and well presented
- Greeting every face to face client with eye contact and a smile then escorting them to the styling, colour floor or reception and helping with their personal belongings
- Advising clients as to the range of salon services and homecare products (full training will be given)
- Booking appointments face to face or over the phone using our computerized booking system. Cash handling, taking client bills and cashing up the till
- Taking part in stock control, checking off deliveries, ordering and putting out on display
- Providing holiday cover for other Receptionists, including some Saturdays and late nights. A minimum of 4 full day shifts of Saturday holiday cover and 8 late night shifts per year is expected
Plus there are some extra little perks of the job:
All hairdressing services free of charge including a weekly Blow dry entitlement. Discounted beauty services, hair and beauty products.
In a nutshell:
Receptionists at The Vanilla Room have some key characteristics, They are unflappable, calm and positive. With a friendly, outgoing nature and organised approach. Previous experience in a receptionist role is not vital, however successful candidates will be able to demonstrate these important characteristics…whether they’ve used them in a previous role or not.
There are two receptionist positions available, each with slightly different hours of work:
Receptionist role 1 – 2 days one week, 1 day next plus holiday cover. 1 Saturday a month plus holiday cover. One 1- 9pm finish late night every week.
Receptionist role 2 – 2 days per week, mixture of shift times. 1 Saturday a month plus holiday cover. One 1- 9pm finish late night every week.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 28th May 2019. Please include a short cover letter explaining why you’d make a great candidate, and also attach a copy of your CV. Please telephone 01708 452245 for further information.
A little about us
At The Vanilla Room, we’ve been helping our clients look and feel fantastic since 1995.
Our independent hair & beuaty salon is modern and luxurious and sits at the heart of Hornchurch High Street. Kerry, and her team of expert stylists, colourists and therapists are highly qualified and accredited in professional brands including L’Oreal Professionnel, Kerastase, Dermalogica, Decleor and Lycon.
We like to keep things personal, and the 5-star service we provide is built on the belief that each and every client who visits deserves the very best.